Friday, August 28, 2009

First of all, I would like to apologize for my blogging strike. The new duties that I have taken on took quite a toll on me this week and my brain was quite literally mush. I was promoted to the returns department in my company. The job itself is not all that difficult. It does involve a little more multi-tasking and organizing, but that is O.K. The real down side is that I am basically the complaint department. I'm the one that gets to listen to designers whine and complain about the flawed fabric they received. Today I spent five minutes on the phone listening to a woman tell me the same story over and over, while I constantly repeated, "mm, hmmm, yep, uh huh, ya, mm, hmmm" over and and over again. Finally, when I could get a word in edge wise, I said, "Well anyway, like I said, we really can't do anything until we see a sample of the flawed fabric. I've issued the call tag. It will be picked up on Monday and we'll take it from there." She almost started to talk again except that I managed to squeeze in a goodbye and she stopped.

But enough about work. Today is Friday and I can forget about work for two whole days. Since I had the T.V. to myself tonight, I opted to watch, "And the Beat Goes On: The Sonny and Cher Movie." I will admit that I am a big time sucker for biography type movies about famous people. Of course, that could be my mom's influence. I can remember watching "Coal Minor's Daughter" with my mom when I was young. There's a few true life biographies that I've seen more than once such as "La Bamba," "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story," "What's Love Got to Do With it?" just to name a few.

However, back to the movie I saw on T.V. tonight. I didn't grow up knowing "Sonny and Cher" since they were before my time. I first knew the Cher of the 80's with her wild curly hair and leather jackets. I loved her in the movie "Mask" (which is another true story that always makes me cry). But of course, who doesn't know the song, "I've Got You Babe"? (well, unless you grew up under a rock). I'll never forget the first time I saw an old clip of the Sonny and Cher Show on T.V. My parents of course recognized it when I heard my mom say "Sonny and Cher" I couldn't believe what I saw. I couldn't believe that it was the same person! Of course, the nose job might have changed how she looked just a bit.

After watching the movie tonight, I can see why Cher would have gotten a nose job. Sonny constantly ridiculed her about it. Of course, I also looked up a few You Tube clips to see the duo in action. Of course they joked and Cher insulted Sonny, but Sonny also made a lot of nose jokes. Once she did step out on her own independently, who could blame her for changing that?

While watching the movie, I started to get really sad when Cher caught Sonny cheating on her, because I knew that it was the beginning of the end for them. Of course, yes, I knew they split up, obviously. It's like watching The Titanic and being sad that the boat sinks, when you know all along that the boat is going to sink. There is no going back in history and changing the fact that the boat sinks, and yet we still hope that it won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment